Monday, April 18, 2011

But I don't wannnnnnnnnaaaaa....

Distance: 5.04 miles
Duration: 56:24 (just under an hour!)
Avg Pace: 11:11 min/mile (that's pretty darn good for an easy run!)
Route: MapMyRun

I'm actually shocked that I ran 5 miles on my lunch break today. I really really didn't feel up to it when I got my shoes on. I didn't feel like running for an hour -- told that to a friend on IM, even. But once I got started, just after the 2 mile mark, and after all the pretty parts of my usual route, I turned left instead of right and made the commitment to running at least 4 miles.

Then, just before the 3.5 mile mark I decided to go for it and ran across at the light. This meant I was committing to at least 4 miles, maybe more.

The last 3/4 mile was rough and real hard to keep up. I got a horrible side stitch and almost stopped running altogether.

But then I rounded the corner and made it home.

I'm very proud of my "easy run." I'm very happy how mellowed out I feel after it. There was definitely a point when my mind was at a complete blank and there was a time when I was just lost in my thoughts. Not too bad for a lunch break run.

3 comments:

  1. That's so great! You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mandy! It motivates me more when I know others are reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I found that happened to me today (getting lost in my thoughts) for a while. I looked back and saw what I had just ran and smiled. Thought about how I needed to sign up to this blog too! You are an inspiration, and helped me to push out the door today.

    ReplyDelete