Monday, April 4, 2011

Today's Run - I'm grinning like a fool.

Distance: 3.12 miles
Duration: 35:16
Avg Pace: 11:18 min/mile
Route: MapMyRun

I am on such a high from today's run, I don't even know what to write about. The weather. Oh the weather! It is sunny, mid 70's, slight warm breeze. It's days like this where I wish I could take more than an hour for lunch break and run forever.

I had planned to take the same route as I did last week, but about 2 minutes in, I made a break for the woods. See, there's these great trails that go between my neighborhood and a few others around here. In the woods, by a creek, up a hill... it's pretty, it's quiet and I love to run it. They are doing some construction back there, so the normal way I go isn't available. So I took a new route and I'm really pleased I did. Made today's 3 miles way more interesting.

My pace was better, my mind was clearer, my route more interesting, and my heart rate stayed in check except for the last 2 minutes (it always goes up a little in the same physical location, no matter what I do - I guess there's a small climb there?). I don't know what else to say about today's run -- I'm grinning ear to ear.

I can say, I have no idea what I even thought about during today's run. That's how calming it was for me.

I wish spring was here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment