Thursday, March 31, 2011

Oh, look, forsythias...

Distance: 3.24 miles
Duration: 37:11
Avg Pace: 11:27 min/mile
Route: MapMyRun

It was a cold and drizzly day. and I went for a run anyhow. I hated the run; I hated being out there today, but I needed it for my sanity. Does running in the drizzly rain make me crazy, obsessed, stupid, or hardcore?

I got a side stitch in the first half mile. I ran through it and by the second mile, I had forgotten about it.

I thought about blogging a lot while I was on this run. Then I also thought about how I keep meaning to call my mom about the forsythias (which I always called for-cynthia's). I thought about Twitter, too. And how much I hate the last half mile (it's SO boring). and how my heart rate would go up at the exact same points of my run. oooh, and how when I start running on a cool day, I hide my hands inside the sleeves of my sweatshirt, but by about the first .75 mile, my hands are plenty warm and I pop them out. Every time. And how I'm going to convince a friend to run outside with me just one time so he can see how awesome it is. I also thought about how my pants felt like they were going to fall off. Did I mention there's another really boring part of my run? It's from about 1.5-2 miles.

Aaaaaaaand my mind was just blank a lot of the time, too - just concentrating on my breathing.

See? Running is my meditation.

No comments:

Post a Comment