Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Here comes the rain again....

I really want to run Monday, Wednesday, Friday/weekend. With my Monday and Wednesday being my shorter runs. Life and Nature hasn't allowed that really since I started running again. Something always comes up. I get sick, I hurt my back, there's no time, or the weather.

Today's delay is brought to you by the crappy weather.

It's supposed to be cold and rainy starting late morning until tomorrow morning. I don't mind running in cold weather (28 is about my lower limit), and I don't mind running on cloudy days. I don't even mind running races when it's drizzly (I did an 8K in November 2009 in Richmond and it was drizzly).

But I draw the line at a possible wintry mix.

So once again, my plan is derailed. I don't have enough time during my lunchbreak to get dressed, hit the gym, run 3-4 miles, then come home. So I will adjust the plan.

I'll run tomorrow. and then try to fit a run in on the weekend (which never works out - weekend is family time).

I actually get sad when I realize I'm not going to get to run. So today I'm a little sad. Tomorrow will be a better day, right? Cuz I will get to run. And running is my meditation.

No comments:

Post a Comment