Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wednesday's Easy Run...

Distance: 3.88 miles
Duration: 43:03
Avg Pace: 11:06 min/mile
Route: MapMyRun

The plan is to run while on vacation with some friends. So today's run had to be short. I said to myself "at least 30 minutes." Then, of course, I ran really far away and had to run home.

It was an alright run. Again, very muggy. Good thing, though, because where I'm going on vacation is going to be muggy. Very muggy.

Not much to say about the run - a decent pace, but I have to start pushing myself a little more. I thought a lot about the friends I'm going to be seeing during my vacation and that made me smile a lot. It's going to be a really great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I'm very impressed with your determination, btw. But, I wanted to lend some tips on improving your distance and your run times. What I do before I get ready for a PT test so that I can max the run, or my train up for timed released runs. I'll run one day for 3 miles at a moderate pace. Then i'll run the next day on the same course, but i'll add sprints into the mix. I'll start my timer when I begin running. I'll run for a few minutes to warm up and then i'll sprint for a set time, say 5 to 10 seconds. Once I hit the time, I'll slow down to a very light jog for a few minutes. Then i'll sprint again for at least 5 to 10 seconds. But, each iteration of sprints i'll try to increase my sprint time. I'll keep repeating this rotation for the entire run. But, when i'm coming to the end of the run i'll all out sprint and leave everything on the road. The next day i'll run a 4 or 5 mile course. The 4th day i'll run 30/60's. Sprint for 30 seconds and walk for 60 seconds. and I'll do this for about 15 minutes. The 5th day i'll run a forced, timed 2 mile run. I'll do this for about 3 weeks, prior to my PT test. Each week I keep a log, and subsequent weeks i'll try to improve on those times.

    Anyhow, just my tricks.

    ReplyDelete